1. Saturday mail delivery in Canada was eliminated by Canada Post on February 1, 1969!
2. In Tokyo , a bicycle is faster than a car for most trips of less than 50 minutes!
3. There are 18 different animal shapes in the Animal Crackers cookie zoo!
4. Should there be a crash, Prince Charles and Prince William never travel on the same airplane as a precaution!
5. Your body is creating and killing 15 million red blood cells per second!
6. The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card!
7. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos!
8. There is one slot machine in Las Vegas for every eight inhabitants!
9. The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows. It was the fashion in Renaissance Florence to shave them off!
10. Every day 20 banks are robbed. The average take is $2,500!
11. The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad!
12. Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating!
13. Tourists visiting Iceland should know that tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult!
14. One car out of every 230 made was stolen last year!
15. The names of Popeye's four nephews are Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye!
16. Until the nineteenth century, solid blocks of tea were used as money in Siberia !
17. The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each other's shoulders!
18. When glass breaks, the cracks move faster than 3,000 miles per hour. To photograph the event, a camera must shoot at a millionth of a second!
19. A Boeing 747 airliner holds 57,285 gallons of fuel!
20. A car uses 1.6 ounces of gas idling for one minute. Half an ounce is used to start the average automobile!
21. The Philadelphia mint produces 26 million pennies per day!
22. A lightning bolt generates temperatures five times hotter than those found at the sun's surface!
23. A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood!
24. It is estimated that 4 million "junk" telephone calls, phone solicitations by persons or programmed machine are made every day in the United States !
25. It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
26. Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill!
27. Almost half the newspapers in the world are published in the United States and Canada !
28. The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows!
29. Most lipstick contains fish scales!
30. Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when typing!
31. One ragweed plant can release as many as one billion grains of pollen!
32. It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis !
33. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum!
34. No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!
35. A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein!
36. Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!
37. There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building !
38. If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!
39. Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive!
40. A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth!
41. The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!
42. Clinophobia is the fear of beds!
43. A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second!
44. Porcupines float in water!
45. Pinocchio is Italian for "pine eye"!
46. The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!
47. The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches!
48. The Mint once considered producing doughnut-shaped coins!
49. The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable" !
50. The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds! During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that's the weight of about 6 elephants!
51. Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they cant find any food!
52. Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
53. The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9000 years old!
54. In space, astronauts cannot cry properly, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow down their faces!
55. There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!
56. About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30!
57. More people use blue toothbrushes, than red ones!
58. A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.!
59. Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you breathe !
a. In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons! 60. Slugs have 4 noses!
61. Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours!
62. Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this planet!
63. Owls are one of the only birds who can see the color blue!
64. The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!
65. It was once against the law to slam your car door in a city in Switzerland !
66. There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses!
67. Honeybees have a type of hair on their eyes!
68. There are over 58 million dogs in the U.S!
69. Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year!
70. Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
71. Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year!
72. In the year 2000, Pope John Paul II was named an "Honorary Harlem Globetrotter. "!
73. Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate!
74. A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks!
75. The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia!
76. There are approximately fifty Bibles sold each minute across the world!
77. Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum!An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards!
78. A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day!
79. Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!
80. One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water!
81. More money is spent on gardening than on any other hobby!
82. In 32 years. there are about 1 billion seconds!
83. Rice paper does not have any rice in it!
84. Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day!
85. In England , in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word!
86. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
87. The blesbok, a South African antelope, is almost the same color as grapejuice!
88. The average person laughs 13 times a day!
89. Dogs can hear sounds that you cant!
90. Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women!
91. It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them!
92. Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, "Gadsby", which contains over 50,000 words -- none of them with the letter E!
93. Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions!
94. A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!
95. Every 45 seconds, a house catches on fire in the United States !
96. The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!
97. The most used letter in the English alphabet is 'E', and 'Q' is the least used!
98. There are more than 50,000 earthquakes throughout the world every year!
99. The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'!
100. Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed... or is that paws?!
101. The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven!
102. Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use fingerprints!
103. Bulls are colorblind, therefore will usually charge at a matador's waving cape no matter what color it is -- be it red or neon yellow!
104. Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the mornings!
105. Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight!
106. A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realizes it's there, though!
107. The average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons!
108. The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people!